What are the Things to Consider in Getting an Online Review Course?

The number of Filipinos going overseas has been increasing every year.  Most of these individuals are working professionals who have found a greener pasture in companies and institutions in English speaking countries. Personally, some of my relatives have gone to Canada and New Zealand to work too which made me thinking that I might even get lucky and find a better career opportunity in those countries.

Whether you go in an English speaking country such Australia, New Zealand, Canada, or the United Kingdom for work or study visas, it is important for us Filipinos, a non-native English speaker, to take an English proficiency examination. One that has been known to many is the IELTS or the International English Language Testing System examination.

Since I saw an opportunity in Canada, I am required to take the IELTS test. I do not have any problems taking the test. What I wanted was to find a review material about the IELTS. I went to bookstores and purchased review manuals. Studying them bored me a lot. So, I looked for an IELTS review center but the class schedules were not very convenient for me. Good thing, I found online an online IELTS review center. I called the center and inquired. They gave a two-day free trial, but I was disappointed with the service. Luckily, there was another one. This made me think that it is important for one to have a checklist on what to look for on an online IELTS review course. Hope this will help you find a better choice for your IELTS review.

Always consider the number of hours in a class. An hour class is already suitable to have an online IELTS review. Do not settle for a thirty-minute class. You will learn nothing from a very short class period.

Learn about the number of classes they can offer you. The previous center only gave me three class periods. Look for one who has a lot of slots to offer to students. This is an advantage since you can choose the time of your review.

Inquire about the materials they are using for the class. Ask for the names of the book and check online if the books are updated. It is important to have review materials which are current.

Ask about the number of instructors available to hold online IELTS review classes. It is important to have a good panel of teachers who could cover for one who could be absent from work.

Inquire about their office. Trust online review centers that have their own office. You are rest assured the business is legit.

Inquire if you will be given books or manuals for the class. Will these be sent online, will these be delivered to your home address? Make sure you have a manual before class starts.

Aside from the important considerations for the online review course, make sure that you have a good working computer for the class. Further, check your Internet connection if it can hold a good voiced or video call for the class.

Have a Skype account. This account will be used in the class. Skype is very convenient as it has a very clear line on any type of calls.

Ask for the fee for the online IELTS review class. Is it per hour? How many hours are you allowed to have a class with the teacher.

You have to agree with the terms and the agreement with the online class. Check what should be done if you are going to be absent or your teacher is absent from class.

It is very important to be comfortable with your classes. In my case, I am now on my sixth week and I will be taking the test in two weeks. I am enjoying and have been learning a lot from my online class. It is by far the best preparation material I have invested before my IELTS test. I totally recommend getting into one for successful and better results on your exam.

For more IELTS Tips you can refer to this link www.ieltsexamstips.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment